Arthritis: For those of you with arthritis, you may need to avoid citrus fruits and “nightshades” (bell peppers and eggplant).
Weight Loss: If you desire to increase weight loss, drink your shake 1-2 hours before you eat. This will allow you to enjoy your meal fully, but you will find you feel full faster. Eat more veggies and less fruit. Limit higher glycemic fruit, wild/brown rice, and lentils.
The Shake: It is best to avoid all juice and sugary fruits to help support normal blood sugar levels. If needed, you may add stevia to sweeten the shake, but no artificial sweeteners.
Water: It is very important that you drink at least 8 glasses of water per day (or ½ your body weight in ounces per day). This helps you flush toxins and avoid constipation and headaches. Spring or mineral water is best. No carbonation. You can add fresh squeezed lemon, lime, or fruit to your water if you desire.
Sleep: You will need to get 7-9 hours of sleep during this time. Try to not overwork. Spend more time relaxing.
Exercise: Exercise is critical to keep the toxins moving out of your body. It is best if you exercise until you sweat. Daily walks are also recommended – breathe deeply during your walks.
JUST IN CASE YOU FORGET WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS PROGRAM
- Toxins are primarily stored in our fat tissue therefore making it more difficult to lose weight.
- The Environmental Protection Agency reports that the average American consumes four pounds of pesticides each year.
- Cancer, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, allergies, obesity, and a majority of skin problems can be linked to increased toxicity.
- More than 3,000 chemical additives are found in the foods we eat.
- A wide range of symptoms, such as headaches, fatigue, pains, coughs, gastrointestinal problems, and immune challenges can all be related to toxicity.
- The Purification Program has been demonstrated to result in the following:
- Weight Loss of 5 –15 pounds
- Decreased Environmental Sensitivities
- Decreased Aches and Pains
- Reduced Allergies
- Decreased Fluid Retention
- Reduced Body Fat
OPTIONAL ADJUNCTS TO THE PROGRAM
- Sauna Therapy: Infrared and steam sauna therapy as a powerful tool to support our largest detoxification organ, the skin. It also relieves some of the burden on the other elimination organs including the kidneys and liver by increasing the release of toxins through sweat.
- Colon Hydrotherapy: Colon hydrotherapy is a process of cleansing the large intestine to boost the body’s natural elimination and detoxification abilities. The procedure involves a flow of sterile, warm water that gently enters the colon to flush out toxins and accumulated waste. Many patients report renewed vitality, improved bowel function and increased energy as a result of the procedure.
- Baths: Detox baths help speed the elimination of toxins through the skin. There are special salts found at the health food store called “Detox Bath”, or you can use Epsom salts, special bath clays, or powdered ginger.
- Dry Skin Brushing: Dry skin brushing helps remove the old dried waxes from lotions and soaps off your skin, as well as remove dead cells. This assists the body in removing toxins through the skin and helps the body’s natural oils come to the surface.
- A Still Mind: Meditation and relaxation are an important part of your general wellbeing. Learning to still the mind and the body has healing effects that go beyond the physical body.
- Fun: Try consciously to bring more fun and laughter back into your life. Be adventurous, and try some new activities.
OPTIONAL ADJUNCT NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
- Coleus Forte: Increases fat burn, protects heart, assists thyroid function, and improves digestion.
- Gymnema 4g: Reduces sugar and carbohydrate cravings – a lifesaver!
- Disodium Phosphate or Colax: Gets your bowels moving if you become constipated.
- Whey Pro Complete: If you desire an additional 15 grams of protein, this is a perfect source.