Ever wondered if a “slipped disc” is the same thing as a bulging, ruptured or herniated disc … read this to find out.
And here are a few herniated disc symptoms:
- pain and numbness, most commonly on one side of the body
- pain that extends to your arms and/or legs
- pain that worsens at night
- pain that worsens after standing or sitting
- pain when walking short distances
- unexplained muscle weakness
- tingling, aching, or burning sensations in the affected area
And for those unaware, chiropractic spinal manipulation has been demonstrated to be a safe and effective tool in the management of disc problems, especially combined with therapeutic exercise. Your doctor of chiropractic will likely prescribe both for you.